Legal Question in DUI Law in Michigan

Court appearance and plea

I have an initial court appearance on 2-2. Will I be able to speak with the prosecuting atty to see if I can get the charge dropped to Impared? I plan on pleading guilty. Drinking and driving is not a habit, in this case it was a matter of bad judgement and not thinking I was drunk but clearly my BAC told a different story

Asked on 2/01/09, 9:46 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

William Morrison Action Defense Center
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Court appearance and plea

If your BAC was above .15, you may need to rethink your strategy in Barry county.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/09, 1:33 pm
Charles Kronzek Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Court appearance and plea

Speaking to a prosecuting attorney is a bad idea. Pleading guilty on your own is a horrible idea. Your first step should be to do so research. Your second step is to contact an attorney that understand MUCH more about these criminal charges than you do.

Begin your research by going to:

During normal business hours, phone Attorney John English at 1 866.766.5245

to discuss possible defenses, options, etc. He is excellent with getting great results in drunk driving cases.

Read more
Answered on 2/01/09, 5:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now