Michigan  |  DUI Law

Im only daily breathalyzers last weekend the PO told me I blew numbers.I never saw the breathalyzer and he never told me what I blew 10 minutes later I did another test and blew 0s I told the PO I had not been drinking and he immediately accused me of lying and threatened to send me to jail.I should have kept quiet instead I.said I had 2 beers but honestly nothing that would have shown up What can I do now can I fight this?

Answered on: 5/14/13, 7:03 pm by Christopher Brown

It appears you are saying either the PO bluffed you by saying you blew "numbers" and tricked you into making an admission (highly unlikely) or you took the test and there was an issue with the PBT, so you were offered a second PBT and it came up .000 and now you are concerned with a possible violation?

Bottom line, you will get notice of the violation(s) and you will have an opportunity to be heard. The rules of evidence do not apply and the burden to prove the allegation is a perponderance standard (more likely than not 51%). Often times these issues can be resolved with the PO and the Court short of you going to jail or it may be possible to convince the court you made the "2 beers" admission because you were fearful of the PO's threats. The biggest problem is dealing with the first PBT... did it malfunction? not properly calibrated? Also, the Judge you have is always an important factor in determining what your course of action will be. I handle these types of hearings all the time. Feel free to contact me for a free consultation.

Disclaimer - The information you obtain from this post is not intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established

Brown & Associates, Legal Services, PLLC 5600 New King Drive, Suite 365 Troy, MI 48098

Answered on: 5/14/13, 8:35 pm by William Morrison

Have someone drive you to court for your VOP hearing. Avoid wearing laced shoes or a belt. Don't show up drunk.

Action Defense Center 4000 Livernois, Suite 140 Troy, MI 48098-4712