Legal Question in DUI Law in Michigan

I am facing a 3rd DUI charge in Michigan, I was arrested and the original charges (2nd offense) were dropped and I am now awaiting new charges from the prosecutor. What does this mean? I do not have a ticket for dui and the ticket that was dropped off at my home days later for refusing the PBT has been voided. So now I am wondering was there a glitch in the procedure, also there was a warrant issued for my blood. So why exactly did they need a warrant if this ticket is now void. I was also suspected of hit and run, of which i deny, my car was not impounded, and infact, the officers let other people come take possession of my car. They also gave my friend a open intox ticket, but left the bottle in the car. I am not sure what to expect. Please any advice or opinion is helpful.

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

I would certainly expect to face the charges. Get a good attorney in board ASAP. You are facing jail or prison time with the felony.

William Morrison Action Defense Center

Have at least $500 available for bond the first time you go to court. Do not wear tied shoes, a belt, or have any alcohol in your system. Have someone drive you.

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Michigan

Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA