Michigan  |  DUI Law

leaving the country

I recieved a DUI will be sentence this month.I have a a chance to get a job overseas will this hinder my chance if so what do I have to do to prove myself so I can leave this country so I will not lose my house and family.

Answered on: 2/08/09, 3:39 pm by Charles Kronzek

leaving the country

Your attorney is in the best position to advise you. There are too many variables for another attorney to guess about your situation. If you need more information, go to:

www.WinDrunkDriving.com

Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C. Main office - 420 S. Waverly Road Suite 100 Lansing, MI 48917

Answered on: 2/08/09, 4:34 pm by James Schmier

Re: leaving the country

Depends on what you pleaded to, the judge, prosecutor, etc. Have you done anything to show the court that you are dealing with your alcohol problem, which while you may not have a problem, the State of Michigan thinks you do. I usually advise my clients on certain things that they can do before we go to court.

Law Office of James G. Schmier, PLLC 2222 Attard Birmingham, MI 48009

Answered on: 2/08/09, 5:31 pm by William Morrison

Re: leaving the country

Whatever or whoever gave you the false idea that you could lose your house and family?

If this is your first drunk driving you have no worries as long as you attend your sentencing and inform the judge and probation that you have a job overseas - preferably in the pre-sentence interview.

If something is not right, you can always adjourn sentencing and retain a lawyer which would have been a smart move in the first place.

Action Defense Center 4000 Livernois, Suite 140 Troy, MI 48098-4712