Michigan  |  DUI Law

Second offense Driver's License suppension

I have had driver's license suspendend in Michigan for over 6 1/2 years. I am currently sober now. I have had two drunk driving convictions. The last of which was July of 1998. Is it possible for me to get my license back without going to the Driver's License Appeal Division?I am asking if 5 years is the maximum suspension for 2nd offense drunk driving.

Answered on: 12/23/04, 11:42 pm by John C. Talpos

Re: Second offense Driver's License suppension

Hello, I have received a copy of your posting regarding restoration of your driving privileges. You must petition the Secretary of State (DLAD) to get them restored. It is not automatic as you probably know. I strongly suggest that you consult with an attorney familiar with this area of the law to assist you. John C. Talpos (248) 743-6800 (http:www.mich-lawyer.com)

Talpos & Arnold 525 E. Big Beaver Troy, MI 48083

Answered on: 12/21/04, 6:00 pm by Jeffrey Buehner

If your license was revoked solely as a result of receiving a second offense drunk driving, then you are eligible to apply for a dlad hearing 5 years after the conviction date. You must go through a dlad hearing. The burden is on you (and your attorney if you hire one) to convince the dlad to restore your driving privileges. Until then, your license remains revoked.

Jeffrey Buehner, PLLC 31700 W. 13 Mile Road, Suite 96 Farmington Hills, MI 48334-2149