Legal Question in DUI Law in Michigan

I was pulled over. I was driving on suspended license, and had a cracked windshield. Officer also found a bag of marijuana and a alcohol bottle in my car. I didn't get arrested, and I didn't get a ticket for anything. Officer stated he will send drugs in to prosecution office. But then said they will issue a warrant out for me. My question is, is that legal. Can they issue a warrant for my arrest for having drugs in my car, but I was never issued a ticket?

Edward Sternisha Law Office of Edward J. Sternisha, PLLC

Yes, it is very legal. Upon determination that the substance was marijuana, the prosecutor's office can charge you with a crime even if you were not ticketed for it. A warrant will be issued for your arrest and you will be taken to jail. It is a good idea to get a lawyer ahead of time. Your lawyer may be able to work out an arrangement with the police so you do not have to be arrested but you turn yourself in. I wish you luck!

Charles Kronzek Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C.

Indeed you can be charged. You should hire an experienced criminal law defense expert to help you. Read more at:

www.AggressiveCriminalDef

ense.com

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Michigan