Legal Question in DUI Law in Michigan

My son was arrested on Good Friday for driving under the influ,2nd offense. He is out on 500.00 bond. It's been almost 4 weeks and the court still has no paper work on him.He hasn't seen a judge yet. Is there a time limit? Can they make him wait as long as they want?

Asked on 4/26/10, 8:08 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Kronzek Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your son can get a free consultation with a lawyer during normal business hours. During the week he can call 1 866-766-5245. He can also read more at:

Read more
Answered on 5/01/10, 9:51 am
William Morrison Action Defense Center
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The reason for the delay is because the arresting officer had to get a warrant from the county prosecutor since OWI2 is a one year misdemeanor. His previous OWI was a city case. Wait times have been increased due to economic issues.

Have your son call me and I'll give him a consultation at no charge.

Read more
Answered on 5/01/10, 4:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now