Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

I am about to begin divorce proceedings. My spouse was having multiple affairs and I found out much of the information I had through his phone records. I think he may now attempt to obtain my cell phone records through a supeona and I want to block that because a lot of the information I obtained regarding his affairs was from people we are close to that I would not want dragged into this. My question is does a judge have to sing a court order for the cell records? Does there have to be a legitimate cause for the judge to allow? I live in Michigab which is a No Fault State

Thomas Loeb Law Offices of Thomas M. Loeb

The judge will not sign an order for these records unless good cause is shown, if you or your lawyer object. But you will need a better reason than "I don't want to get others dragged into this". How you found out is less important than "is it true?"

Your lawyer can easily explain this. Call if you have other questions.

-Tom

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan