Michigan  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/12/13, 5:23 am

My brother is mentally ill and my sister in law has filed separation papers. She asked me to be his guardian and she would give me the papers as he's not competent. He will end up in a group home which will be funded by his social security. However, my sister in law asked me to sign off on my brothers portion of the house as she says the group home will take all that money. She said she would give me a promissory note stating she will give me the money later. What kind of trouble can I get into by hiding his assets?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search