Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

Evicting a spouse

I left my house because my husband has caused harm to my child. The house is in my name. What am I able to do to get him to leave my house.

Asked on 6/08/07, 2:20 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Blake Lipman Law Office of Blake P. Lipman
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Evicting a spouse

In my experience you cannot get your husband out of the marital home unless there is domestic violence, a PPO, or you file for divorce and get a court order. Merely being the titled owner will generally not work. A judge hearing the eviction will probably instruct you to file for divorce. For more info., please contact my office at (248)8513171.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/07, 2:55 pm
Audra Arndt Audra A. Arndt & Associates, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Evicting a spouse

The house is likely considered marital property at this point - it all depends on how long you have lived there and who pays for one. You can get a temporary order regarding your living situation if you want him out (along with a temp order for child support, custody, etc). I suggest contacting a family law attorney and having him handle the matter.

Read more
Answered on 6/08/07, 9:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now