Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

Evicting a spouse

I left my house because my husband has caused harm to my child. The house is in my name. What am I able to do to get him to leave my house.

Blake Lipman Law Office of Blake P. Lipman

Re: Evicting a spouse

In my experience you cannot get your husband out of the marital home unless there is domestic violence, a PPO, or you file for divorce and get a court order. Merely being the titled owner will generally not work. A judge hearing the eviction will probably instruct you to file for divorce. For more info., please contact my office at (248)8513171.

Audra Arndt Audra A. Arndt & Associates, PLLC

Re: Evicting a spouse

The house is likely considered marital property at this point - it all depends on how long you have lived there and who pays for one. You can get a temporary order regarding your living situation if you want him out (along with a temp order for child support, custody, etc). I suggest contacting a family law attorney and having him handle the matter.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan