Michigan  |  Family Law

My ex-husband has summer custody, while I get every other weekends and the alternating holidays. My daughter auditioned and made the United States World Championship's for Performing Arts. It is an international competition that is only two weeks away. This week is the last week for a Final Performance in Michigan, our home state, which means this is our final week of preparation. We had a verbal agreement that she would be able to stay here with me, to prepare for this competition. Now, this two weeks out from leaving for Hollywood for the ten days of competition, he refuses to return her to finish the last two weeks of training.

Do I have any recourse, considering he has "custody" during the summer. All of this was after him and my son, decided without my knowledge, the he would stay here for football practices this summer.

What can I do?

Thank You,

Tracie Aris