Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

I am leaving the country to live for a while to the UAE. My son per his wish will stay here with his dad. What i must do legally for my son before I leave. We are divorced since 7 years.

Asked on 10/07/12, 10:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Stern William Stern, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You probably want to make sure that the court orders say that your ex has sole legal and physical custody. It would seem to be problematic to have joint legal custody with one party so far away. You also want to have the orders reflect your payment arrangements.

Read more
Answered on 10/08/12, 3:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now