Michigan  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/18/09, 7:20 pm

Legally change your name

I'm adopted and my middle and last name were changed to become those of the parents who adopted me. I'm 17 and have finally decided that i want to change my name back to the name given to me at birth. How would i got about doing this? And how old do you have to be do change your name legally in Michigan?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/18/09, 7:31 pm by Charles Kronzek

Re: Legally change your name

At age 18 you can hire an attorney to do a name change for you.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C. Main office - 420 S. Waverly Road Suite 100 Lansing, MI 48917

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search