Michigan  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/07/12, 6:10 am

I got married in ST. Lucia (west indies). Can I annul my marriage in the United States even though it has never been registered here? Or will I have to go back to St. Lucia?

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/07/12, 6:24 am by William Stern

You can annul the marriage here. However, be advised that judges are somewhat reluctant to grant annulments. You have to have a real good reason and fit the criteria. It is not just a "slam-dunk".

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

William Stern, P.C. 24750 Lahser Road Southfield, MI 48033

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search