Michigan  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/22/13, 5:33 pm

In Michigan, if a father is rewarded custody, the mother does not comply with the judges orders. She has been charged with parental kidnapping. If she has filed an appeal, will the appeal even be heard?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/22/13, 5:38 pm by William Stern

While her appeal may be heard, it does not "stay" the original order. The lower court's order still stands unless modified by the higher court. The appellate court has the ability to stay the lower court order but this must normally be requested in the higher court by a motion.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

William Stern, P.C. 24750 Lahser Road Southfield, MI 48033

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search