Michigan  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/30/13, 6:22 am

I believe I mistyped my email address because I never received the confirmation email with access key info. So I apologize for asking question again. If a teenage girl is being physically abused by her boyfriend and he is now trying to push her into the use of heroin... can we get a restraining order against him from seeing her? We do have written proof in her handwriting of his abuse and attempt to get her to use heroin. Plus, there is proof of this on her face book account through their chats. She just turned 17.

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/30/13, 7:24 am by Timothy Klisz

No, that us not a reason to get a ppo in Michigan. She is of age to have a relationship and you'll just have to do the best things you can do to keep her safe. Maybe family counseling could help. Other relatives? I feel for you but I don't think the law can help unless a crime is being committed. If he is a drug dealer, call the police.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Klisz Law Office, PLLC 39111 W. Six Mile Rd. Livonia, MI 48152

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search