Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

I've been the only owner of my home for 15 years and made all of the payments. I was married 4 years ago and refinanced with my husband, still making all of the payments, he contributed to other expenses. We are divorcing and selling the home due to infidelity/alcoholism on his part. Pulling the title work by the realtor, it was realized that a quick claim deed wasn't filed to add his name to the title. He's on the mortgage, but not the title. What right to ownership/equity does he have upon the house selling?

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC

He has any rights that would be afforded to him in the divorce. This asset must be split like any others. The title is not the important thing.

Charles Kronzek Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C.

It is difficult to accurately determine property rights in a divorce case without know much more information. You should meet with an experienced divorce attorney in Kalamazoo County to give you a better idea.

www.MidMichiganDivorce.com

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan