Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

Can a ex spouce legally make you carry life insurance to cover child support until the child reaches 18 years of age. Wouldn't that be what social security is for?

Asked on 10/08/13, 5:54 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jared Austin Austin Legal Services, PLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

They can only make you provide life insurance if it is part of a divorce decree.

Read more
10/08/13, 5:59 am
Charles Kronzek Kronzek & Cronkright P.L.L.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Only judges can make orders. Your spouse can make a request to the judge for the order. You can read more at:

Read more
10/08/13, 7:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88263 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now