Legal Question in Family Law in Michigan

Should I write a letter to the judge?

Someone suggested that I write a letter the the judge a few weeks prior to our court appearence. Introducing myself, why I filed for divorce, and what has been happening since.

I'm just wondering if I do this, what should I include (his current false statements to others, lack of his visitation to see children, ect.)????

Any help would be great. Thank You in advance.

Timothy Trichler Timothy R. Trichler - Attorney and Counselor at Law

Re: Should I write a letter to the judge?

Greetings; This is a good question. I am glad you asked. The answer is NO!!! Some judges will consider this misconduct. Others will just ignore it. It is improper to have ex-parte communication with the judge. Legally, you can only communicate with the judge when the other party is PRESENT or has had an opportunity to be present. My guess is that you do not have an attorney as any competent attorney would have advised you that this is not a good idea. Please, stop getting legal advice from friends. If you needed brain surgery, would you have your hairdreser 'give it a go'? Hire a good attorney as soon as you can. Good luck. Atty. Trichler; www.trichler.com

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Michigan