Michigan  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/03/12, 8:41 am

I have a five year old daughter that is legally blind. She started kindergarten this year in a public school but is already having issues and it is believed that she will need to attend a special needs school.i have joint legal custody, and the mother has sole physical custody. The mother and daughter live in flordia, I live in michigan. The mother wants to send my daughter to the flordia school for the blind, if this happens she would stay at the school 5 days a week and come home on the weekends. because the school is three hours away and is the only one, whereas in michigan there is a special needs school in every county. So if my daughter lived with me, there would be no need for her to be away from home 5 days at a time. My question is what rights do I have to challenge the mothers decision to send my daughter to a special boarding school. And can I file any sort of motion to reevaluate the best interests of our daughter. I understand that education is very important, however I feel that family interaction and bonding is just as critical in the development of a child.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search