Legal Question in Immigration Law in Michigan

Hi, can a company which had filed for bankruptcy in 2009 sponsor an employee for green card?

Asked on 8/23/13, 2:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, but they have to prove their ability to pay the wage offered in the labor certification.

The petitioner should be prepared to submit Federal Tax Returns & State & Federal Quarterly Wage Reports to USCIS (for the I-140 petition) in order to prove that they have been, & continue to be, profitable.

The Petitioner should have an experienced Immigration Attorney review their financial documentation before they go forward with an employment based case.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/13, 7:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now