Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Michigan

If my lawyer files a notice of intent and allready sent my case to a orthopedic expert and still in processing mode but I dislike my lawyer that's handling my case, could I switch to another lawyer?

Asked on 6/26/13, 2:22 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Brown Brown & Associates, Legal Services, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Of course you can switch to another lawyer if one has agreed to take your case. Before you severe ties with your attorney there are many things to consider. medical malpractice cases are very rule specific and unforgiving when it comes to mistakes or statute of limitation issues. Before you "switch" to another lawyer you better make sure you have one that has agreed to take your case. Depending on the merits of your case it may be difficult to find another lawyer. And if you wait too long most attorneys are leery of taking cases that have little time to prepare them properly. My advice is to work things out with your attorney (if you can) is it a personality issue you have or a competence issue etc.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 6:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now