Michigan  |  Personal Injury

Fiance was recovering alchoholic for 6yrs. & on meds.okay-but 1 1/2yrs. later tells me he is doing crystal meth. nightmare begins. I had already moved in with him and gave up my house but had not turned in the keys yet.One night he went on a drug induced rampage and to protect my dog I went and locked him in my house.While I was sleeping at our house he went and broke in and stole my dog (called police) and got him back. My fiance later just walked away and disappeared leaving me in a house with no lease for me. Landlord told me to go,shut off my water,so more misery. I had no place to go,I ended up having to rent a u-haul and took my things to auction and now my dog and I have no place to live. Do I have any recourse for any of his actions?

Answered on: 5/18/12, 6:12 am by William Stern

I do not see any recourse for you, except to move on with your life. Also, don't repeat the same mistakes in the future.

William Stern, P.C. 24750 Lahser Road Southfield, MI 48033