Legal Question in Personal Injury in Michigan

I was recently involved in an accident and the damage costs are about $4000 and his insurance company will only pay $500. Can I sue him for the rest of the damages.

Asked on 6/01/12, 6:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Stern William Stern, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

In Michigan, we have the mini-tort law that is part of the No-Fault Auto Insurance law. If the other driver is properly insured, you cannot sue the other driver for property damage for more than $500.00. If the other driver has no valid insurance, he can be sued for the full amount of damage.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/12, 4:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now