Michigan  |  Personal Injury

Six years ago, my daughter-in-law was involved in an automobile accident. She had her two children with her, a girl (11) a boy (4). She was not injured, however the girl recieved some severe facial cuts that left some significant scaring. The boy had a much less severe area of injury also to his face. My question is: could the children have recieved a settlement for their injuries? and is it too late to file for a settlement at this time? and how can I find the answers to my questions? My grandaughter is now seventeen years old and could benefit for some cosmetic surgery to take care of some of the residual scarring. The parents are currently in a financial and relationship mess and do not seem to see the needs of the child.

We live in a 'no-fault' state and I am not sure of the details of the accident. The woman and my son were separated at the time of the accident.