Michigan  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/26/13, 7:18 am

I'm buying a house from someone but as of April of this year it has listed three years of back taxes owed and property is subjected to forclosure, is this legal and if so who is responsible for the taxes owed.

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/26/13, 10:44 am by Timothy Klisz

The back taxes need to be paid and prorated based on who pays them. Its by agreement between buyer and seller.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Klisz Law Office, PLLC 39111 W. Six Mile Rd. Livonia, MI 48152

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search