Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Michigan

land contract

how do i know get a copy of my deed old owner did not file it.I paid land contract off let some years pass didnot get acopy can't find the old owner please help

Asked on 5/16/07, 6:35 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Regina Mullen Legal Data Services, PLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: land contract

Local counsel: action to clear title.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/07, 2:43 pm
Audra Arndt Audra A. Arndt & Associates, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: land contract

You will have to attempt to locate the prior owner by means of an investigator. If you cannot do that, you can file a "quiet title" action which is a lawsuit with the court requesting that you be given lawful title to the property - and the end result will be the issuance of a title in your name. You will have to serve the prior owner with the lawsuit, and/or show the court that you attempted to locate the prior owner, and then serve him by publication or posting if you cannot find him.

A lawyer can take care of this for you.

Please let me know if you need assistance.


Read more
Answered on 5/16/07, 8:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now