Michigan  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/18/07, 10:00 pm

purchase property

I am considering paying cash for a condo for my daughter to use while she is in college, instead of renting an apartment . She has no income and my only income is from interest on my investments (approximately 10k per year). My thinking is that the tax benefits of a rental property would be good for me even though there would be no rent paid. I am also considering putting her on title with me so she would benefit from home owner status and potentially take over the other tax benefits after graduation when she begins working. Your thoughts on the best way to title the property would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/19/07, 10:34 pm by Regina Mullen

Re: purchase property

You should consult an attorney and financial planner to help you sort this out.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Legal Data Services, PLC Redmond, WA 48103

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search