Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Michigan

My wife and I are in the process of swapping a piece of property to a neighbor for a like size piece of property. The parcels are identical in size and value. We wish to complete the process through the use of Quit Claim deeds. The question is whether my wife and I should be listed as joint tenants with full right of survivorship or as joint tenants not in common with full right of survivorship? Or does this mean the same thing? Also, the neighbors have divorced but it's not final yet. Do both have to be listed the same as my wife and I?

Asked on 3/29/10, 12:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You use neither one. Tenancy by the entirities is the proper way to hold property as husband and wife. Tim Klisz

Read more
Answered on 4/04/10, 7:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Scott RiddleLaw Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLCAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now