Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Michigan

If I unknowingly asked a minor who I thought was OVER THE AGE OF CONSENT for sexual photos, but never received or sent any, what can I be charged with?

She told me she is 16, which is the age of consent in Michigan, but it turns out she was 13. I talked sexually with her and requested "private pictures" but we never met and I never sent or received any such pictures.

William Morrison Action Defense Center

You have a computer that has a hard drive which, even after deletion, may contain material which can get you into serious trouble if the police seize it.

You also belong to a web service that keeps a record of every key stroke you made when you communicated with this "girl" who actually may be a police officer for all you know.

There are 10 and 20 year felonies involved.

If you want to experience first hand all the penalties the law has for your kind of behavior - just keep doing it. BTW , the age limit is 18!

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Michigan

Sexual Harassment Law Legal Forms