Michigan  |  Traffic Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/20/11, 5:53 pm

I had been charged for "Drove while license suspended"and "Registration-expired Plate", warning on "No insurance", finally, they got the "Drove While license suspended" to "Fail to Display a Valid license", I do not know if these two are the same thing, or the lawyer got help on the original charge.

They made me to sign a contract to pay for $1500 non refundable retainer fee for 5 hours and they finally charged me $3226 for the whole case, they said they used 10.5 hours on my case. The price is $300/hour. And all the details about the time they count are basically "file management/preparation of email correspondence to client" and blablabla...I have sent these bill to some other lawyer they said the charge is CRAZYYYYY!

And I have talked to the Abood Law Firm they want me to pay $750 more out of the $1500 now, which means I need to pay $2250 for this case, so We refused to do that.

Do you guys think I can take this case to the Bar of Michigan. And will I pay any challenge for the whole thing, cuz I have signed the contract with them before. And Can I get my initial 1500 back at the same time, cuz they planed to cheat on me!!

I need your help!!!

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/20/11, 6:20 pm by Jules Fiani

You need to hire a lawyer. If you have a lawyer, you need to ask him/her these questions. If they cannot answer them, it may be time to find another more experienced and knowledgeable lawyer. Feel free to call me to discuss this matter at 810-227-7200

Jules N. Fiani

Law Offices of Jules N. Fiani

Over 30 Years of Successful Proven Results



Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Jules N. Fiani 4920 Chilson Road Howell, MI 48843

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search