Michigan  |  Traffic Law

I was stopped in a non comercial cube van in front of a Home Depot on suspicion of my truck being overweight and told to follow the officer to another location to be weighed, I did and I was over my trucks weight rating. I recieved tickets for each axel, now my truck's weight rating is 10,000 lbs wich is not comercial vehicle but he says that since today my noncomercial rated truck's weight is in a comercial truck catagory if you drive a commercial vehicle which I dont, you have to have a medical card, and proof of a yearly inspection. I recived tickets for not having those as well This doesnt seem right to me. Im not sure if asking me to leave the parking lot is even legal. I plan on going to court, what is my best course of action?

Answered on: 10/26/11, 6:23 pm by Daniel Hajji

You will have to contest it. You should hire a lawyer to better defend your case. Good Luck

Daniel Hajji & Associates 30300 Northwestern Hwy Farmington Hills, MI 48334