Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Michigan

My daughter's father died, he never married the woman he was living with. He had 6 children from several marriages, and none were informed he passed till it was too late to help with anything. Can these children fight to get his property and insurance?

Asked on 7/07/11, 4:42 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Timothy Klisz Klisz Law Office, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

His insurance likely has a beneficiary and that would go to them. If not, it would be a probate asset and the kids would equally inherit without a will. Visit to discuss. Tim Klisz

Read more
Answered on 7/07/11, 4:55 pm
John Tatone John R. Tatone & Associates
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If there is no beneficiary for the insurance and he did not leave a will directing otherwise, yes, they may hire a lawyer and seek any property in his sole name. Jointly owned property may pass to his girlfriend depending upon the situation. Please contact me to discuss in more detail at

Read more
Answered on 7/08/11, 8:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now