Michigan  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/19/11, 4:16 pm

My father who no longer drives, gave me his car to use over 1 year ago. Due to litigation to petition a court to implement the living trust he had drawn up in 1998, and undue influence on my father by my sister,(he is 90), he has asked through a lawyer for me to return his car. It is still titled in his name, but it has always been common knowledge amongst the family that he was to give me the car. What are my rights in this matter. If his lawyer is asking for the car to be returned on a specific date and time, am I at risk legally if I do not return it?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search