Legal Question in Workers Comp in Michigan

I experienced a back injury at my former job in april of last year since then i was released from therapy after 6 months.Since have started a new job. During this last month i have started to experience even worst pain than before and i have been to a chiropractor to see if the problem is worst than they thought it was. I never recieved any x rays during my time in physical therapy and I cannot afford to see the chiropractor on my income but i need treatment badly. Is there any way i can recieve compensation for my problem.

Asked on 3/11/13, 1:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Stern William Stern, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Chances are you cannot receive compensation because you are still working and therefore, there is no wage loss upon which to base an award and two, you are not disabled if you can work. As far as receiving payment for medical bills, get the treatment, incur the bills and then file a petition to get reimbursed. There is no jurisdiction in the Workers' Compensation Agency to order an employer to pay fees not already incurred. I'm not justifying this result. I'm not saying it is fair. It is just the way it is.

Read more
Answered on 3/11/13, 6:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Michigan

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now