Legal Question in Workers Comp in Michigan

I was rear ended while driving a rental car (work related) to work (out of state). I went to an urgent care because my headache hadn't gone away in 18 hours even with Advil. The Dr said I fine but my headache is still here. (32 hours) I can't work without feeling nauseous so I was told I have to take a vacation day if I can't work since Dr said I'm fine. I was on work time when injured. Is this fair

William Stern William Stern, P.C.

Your question is, "is it fair"? That is really not the proper question because many, many things in our laws are unfair because our legislature is controlled by wealthy, corporate interests. However, the answer to what you really are asking is, is it legal? The answer is, they do not have to pay your workers' comp until you are off work for 7 consecutive days. However, your medical bills are covered whether you take off or not.

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Michigan

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms