Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Minnesota

My father is mentally ill. He has been committed to stay in the psychiatric ward of a hospital for the next six months. My sister and I filed for conservator/guardianship to start figuring out his finances because he is severely in debt (credit companies keep calling, cant do anything about it). A hearing date is set. I recently received a letter saying my father's mother (80+ yrs old) and his sister filed for conservator/guardianship, but they have not been consistantly in my father's life for the past 26 years, as they live in a far away state. They've hired a lawyer, we haven't. We are worried because they want to move him away from us and I do not trust them handling his money, either. Lots of family drama revolving around them. I am wondering, what factors will the judge take into consideration when determining the conservator/guardianship?

Asked on 6/23/12, 3:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Melvin Peterson 763-424-6442
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is best to hired an attorney and file your own petition

Read more
Answered on 6/26/12, 9:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88553 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now