Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

Help, I need legal assistance with an appeal!!!

What do I do? I have been wrongfully charged with a crime and had a court appointed attorney who did not represent me at all. I need some help with preparing a brief for my appeal.

Asked on 2/18/09, 11:54 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Help, I need legal assistance with an appeal!!!

An appeal is not a simple task. There are strick timelines and the appeal must raise appropriate appellate issues. It is not an opportunity to simply reargue your case.

For a consultation call 612.240.8005.

Read more
Answered on 2/18/09, 11:56 am
Tom James Law Office of Tom James
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Help, I need legal assistance with an appeal!!!

It sounds like you've already filed a notice of appeal and now need to file your brief. Assuming you're in Minnesota state court, the deadline for filing a brief is relatively short - 30 days from the date of delivery of the transcript or, if applicable, from the date an agreed statement of the record was approved. I have experience writing successful appellate briefs; can provide references. Send me an email or give me a call to arrange a consultation if you'd like. [email protected], 320.286.6425.

Read more
Answered on 2/18/09, 2:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88403 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Charles AspinwallCharles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLCLos Lunas, NM
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now