Minnesota  |  Banking Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/29/10, 6:38 am

A family member is in jail and wants to give me power of attorney to pick up a financial aid check for them. THe school states that they can only release to the person on the check. Will a power of attorney work in this case.

1 Answer

Answered on: 4/03/10, 6:48 am by David Anderson

Do you have the proper statutory form?

How will you obtain signature and Notary with the Principal in jail?

If the amount of funds is significant, you may want to have the assistance of an attorney.

Good luck with it.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Mahoney Anderson LLC P.O. Box 44504 Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search