Minnesota  |  Bankruptcy

Legal Question

Asked on: 2/25/13, 9:45 am

My ex is filing ch13. Her trustee told her that nothing that was in both our names can be includex in her bankruptcy regardless what our divorce papers say and that those debts are,nowy responsibility. Is this rightright? How can I protect myself and make her pay what was agreed in the divorce?

1 Answer

Answered on: 2/25/13, 1:21 pm by Sam Calvert

You should file a proof of claim on behalf of any creditor who has not filed their own proof of claim and on which you are co-liable.

The divorce court did not have the power to "take her name off" of any bills, so she is as obligated after filing as she was before filing.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Calvert Law Office 1011 2nd ST N #107 Saint Cloud, MN 56303

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search