Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Minnesota

I am filing chapter 7 bankruptcy in Minnesota. The bankruptcy will relieve me of my judgments but my lawyer says they will remain on my credit report. He says that for

$100 each he can take care of this. I thought that since its so cheap I must be able to do this. How would I go about this? The judgments are in three different counties in Minnesota. Thanks for your help.

David Kelly-952-544-6356 Kelly Law Office

Your zip code indicates you live in Pine County. Assuming that is the county where the judgments are on file, I would suggest that you stop in at the county courthouse when you have a chance. Find the clerk of court and ask for the person who handles judgments. That person most likely would have a pamphlet or handout on how to remove the judgment from your record after you have received a bankruptcy discharge. It is a relatively simple process, and most of my clients do it themselves if they feel a need to.

But here's my editorial on this subject. Credit and credit reports are evil. You would be well advised to stay as far away from both of them as you can for as long as you can. Focus your attention of living without credit and forget the credit report. Step one on that road: save the $100.

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms