Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Minnesota

Went to collaborative divorce attorney, was supposed to get more info for him about home/finances, etc. In the meantime, husband and I reconciled. I let him know that and to put everything on hold. He calls me later and said I owed him money. We did not sign anything yet. Do I have to pay him the money he is asking for?

Asked on 9/20/13, 8:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hello. Agreements may be made orally or via a written document. Your post does not state whether you had formed an agreement of any sort with the attorney. Please confer with an attorney as need be. You are welcome to contact me. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.


Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily

[email protected]






Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 8:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now