Minnesota  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/05/13, 11:46 am

My daughter signed a Student Enrollment Contract in Minnesota eight days before her 18th birthday. I did not sign the contract. After a few weeks in the Cosmetology school, she decided to withdraw. She signed a form stating she would pay the balance on the tution (approximately $2600). She was 18 then. She never made any payments. A collection agency is now contacting her for payment, and the amount is about $3400. Is the original contract legal? She was a minor. However, does signing the agreement to pay later make it valid? She is going to be attending school full-time this fall, and this debt would be a huge burden. The amount they are asking for is outrageous, considering she only attended 76.5 hours of class.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search