Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Minnesota

I have been getting a notice to garnish letter in the mail for some years yet they have not garnished my wages yet. The letter looks like something I could have done myself. It was not served by certified mail. What can I do to stop this and possibly get damages from this creditor?

Asked on 11/17/11, 8:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Anderson Anderson Business Law LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may have an action vs. Creditor under the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

If the judgment has expired or otherwise uncollectible, it would be an abusive practice to be issuing Garnishment notices.

Call or email for appt.

I am in Eden Prariie.

Read more
Answered on 11/18/11, 4:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now