Minnesota  |  Criminal Law

Can you please analyze the following section of the definition of a potentially dangerous dog (MN) and share your expertise?

POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS DOG: Any dog that:

A. When unprovoked, inflicts bites on a human or domestic animal on public or private property;

(continued, but object A is what i would like an opinion on)

The previous city code, that was recently changed to more closely match the state (MN), had specified "multiple bites" before the animal was deemed potentially dangerous. My evaluation of "Inflicts Bites" would be interpreted as more than one bite needs to occur. The police are interpreting it is potentially dangerous on the first occurrence. I would like to know if I am miss-interpreting the code.

Thanks!

Answered on: 5/17/13, 8:20 am by Tricia Dwyer

Hello. I myself would want to ask you several questions and discuss the facts of the matter with you prior to providing you with appropriate legal advice. Assuming you have a legal issue, I urge you seek private attorney counsel at this time. Some attorneys, myself included, will confer for free, at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys, myself included, will provide a reduced fee for need. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC Twin Cities Twin Cities To St. Cloud, MN 55404

Answered on: 5/17/13, 9:01 am by Maury Beaulier612.240.8005

I am afraid you would have to be far more specific. Is there a particular issue you are having or is there a particular fact pattern you have a question about?

Minnesota Lawyers 5775 Wayzata Blvd., Ste 700 St. Louis Park, MN 55416