Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

How do you fight charges against you, when there is no evidence, no DNA, no court date and constantly transferring someone to different facilities? He has been incarcerated for 1 year and 2 months and has not gone to court, now they want to charge him with a new case to keep him locked up. Can they do that in Minnesota?

Asked on 8/27/13, 9:38 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Landon Ascheman Ascheman & Smith, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hire and attorney. There are far to many details missing to be able to give you any reasonable answer online. The best thing for you to do, is to find an attorney in your area who would be able to review your case and let you know what can be done, and possibly, why this is happening to him.

Read more
Answered on 8/27/13, 9:43 am
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hello. These questions should be directed to the attorney representing the person. If you are a loved one 'on the outside', I suggest you contact a private attorney for assistance. You are welcome to contact me. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.


Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

[email protected]



Read more
Answered on 8/27/13, 10:56 am
Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your inquiry does not make a great deal of sense. It would have to be reviewed in detail to determine the current situation.

Maury D. Beaulier

Attorney at Law

(612) 240-8005

Read more
Answered on 8/27/13, 11:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now