Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

If I am in jail for a 90 day period of time can they deny me my medications prescribed by my doctor for my mental health

Asked on 8/02/13, 8:19 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Thomas C. Gallagher Gallagher Criminal Defense Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It could happen. To help prevent this, be sure to check with the jail ahead of time about their procedures for getting prescriptions and prescribed medications to them for administration to an inmate.

Read more
Answered on 8/02/13, 8:41 pm
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hello. Yes, it possible. If you are facing such an issue, you would want to learn of jail policies, etc., prior to incarceration, if possible. If presently incarcerated, it is helpful that someone on the 'outside' (a family member, loved one) assists. An attorney may be triaged as needed for assistance.

This website provides general information and general principles of law and does not provide private legal advice. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq.

Phone: 612-296-9666

[email protected]




Read more
Answered on 8/03/13, 9:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now