Minnesota  |  Criminal Law

What level of domesctic is hitting someone with obhect and causing stitches? In selg defense to get away. Show I turn myself in ?

Answered on: 6/30/13, 5:41 pm by Tricia Dwyer

Hello. You ought to phone an attorney for help, and you should not post details on a public website. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best. Tricia Dwyer, Esq. DOMESTIC ASSAULT LAW, FAMILY LAW, CRIMINAL LAW Phone 612-296-9666

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC Twin Cities Twin Cities To St. Cloud, MN 55404

Answered on: 6/30/13, 7:11 pm by Thomas C. Gallagher

Minnesota state assault crimes are ranked in severity based upon several factors, one being the level of injury to the other person(s); another being the use of a weapon. Generally any alleged assault involving "substantial bodily harm" or a weapon, could be charged as a felony level assault. The use of reasonable force can be a defense and lawful, even if the aggressor is injured as a result. If there is an arrest warrant it is a good idea to turn yourself in, but not until after consulting, and preferably retaining, a criminal defense lawyer first. You are welcome to give me a call to discuss further.

Gallagher Criminal Defense Services 310 Fourth Avenue South, Suite 8000 Minneapolis, MN 55415