Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

police making deals

can police make deals without permission from a prosecutor or judge?

Asked on 3/07/09, 8:49 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Thomas C. Gallagher Gallagher Criminal Defense Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: police making deals

The better question would be: "If I make a deal with a police officer, can I legally, in court, hold them to the deal if I live up to my end?" The answer is "no." The only way to make a an enforceable deal with police is through your lawyer with their lawyer (the prosecutor), in writing.


Read more
Answered on 3/19/09, 8:18 pm
Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: police making deals

No. Only a prosecutor can make plea agreements.

Read more
Answered on 3/09/09, 12:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now