Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

In the state of minnesota can I earn good time on a 5 day jail sentence and be released early?

Asked on 5/09/13, 6:47 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Thomas C. Gallagher Gallagher Criminal Defense Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, in Minnesota "good time" reductions are used where the executed sentence is ten days or more.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/13, 6:05 am
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hello. If you want to read the law yourself, see Minnesota Statute 643.29. If you are in need of legal advice, please contact a private attorney. If your finances are difficult, some private attorneys, myself included, will provide you with a reduced fee so that you have attorney help. All the best.

Read more
Answered on 5/10/13, 7:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now